Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Meatloaf for a lazy day.

So I really didn't feel like doing a whole bunch of work yesterday, so after a quick perusal of the deep freeze I settled on some ground beef. Lets make some meatloaf.
You will need
  • 1.5 lbs ground beef
  • 1 cup breadcrumbs
  • 1/2 sweet (preferably Vidalia) onion diced
  • fresh thyme chopped
  • fresh rosemary chopped
  • your favorite steak sauce 1/2 cup
  • ketchup
  • 2 eggs
  • kosher salt
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
So it's pretty easy like I said. I had some potato salad and cole-slaw sitting around so I had the sides already taken care of.

Lets get all these ingredients into a bowl. Add together the
  • beef
  • eggs
  • breadcrumbs
  • steak sauce
  • rosemary 
  • thyme
  • onion
Ok now wash your hands and mush it all up till just mixed.

Stefanie makes a great hand model eh?

OK now I shape it into a giant burger like loaf and set it on some wax paper.





The fancy onions can be done of left off. I just like playing with my food.





Now just heat up a large cast iron skillet and at the same time pre-heat your oven to 350. Put a little oil in the skillet. I also put a thin layer of kosher salt down, 1 tbsp, in the spot where I'm going to put my meat. This does 2 things. One you get a nice salty crust on the top, and two it makes it really easy to get the meat off the pan when you flip it.

After about 5-6 minutes on the hot skillit you should have some nice browning going on. and this is the hard part. You have to flip it over. After you flip the sucker add a nice layer of ketchup and it is ready to go into the oven. 30 minutes later. you have your delicious meatloaf.

Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment