Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's been a while. Food recap

Hi Folks,
It's been awhile since I've spent any time on this blog but that doesn't mean I've stopped cooking. All sorts of things can happen in a year and they did. So... I've even been taking pictures of the food I make. Here are a few highlights. And a look into what I hope to be a bunch of future posts. Also just for fun I've begun designing a restaraunt menu and have a bunch of crazy good ideas but they need to be tested. Oh and I have just the place to tell you about how they come out.

 Quesadillias.
I've made a bunch. But they are the BEST vehicle for leftover proteins. Shrimp, Steak, Chicken, Pork, Emu, Whatever! Look at this prep work. LOOK at that medium rare leftover steak!
 I'm not really sure what this is... A hopped up chili-mac? a bolognaise? Oh well... I'ts making me hungry.
 Pizza. Man I love pizza, learned a bunch of new methods for cooking/grilling them too.
 It seems I'm constantly smoking habeneros. See previous posts.
 Stuffed Poblanos. What was in those again? Meat and potatoes. Cool.
 Just the awsomest appetizer spread ever. It needed it's own table.
 Haloween.
Not really something I cooked... But I can still be proud of it.



Aiiiiiiieeeeeeeeaaa
 Music and food. Together at last. Please ignore the "Great Value Chips"
Springtime and refreshing salads full of omegas is the key. Planked honey and whole grain mustard salmon over greens and veggies. Yum.
 Talapia, baby herbed potatoes, heirloom beets and beet greens, speckled lima beans. Phew I was busy that night.

 Oh man. Country Fried Turkey medallions around a lemon and arugula linguini topped with Parmesan cheese.
I might make that tonight.
 Brewing gear that the boys have been taking over. Look at this thing. Maybe we'll throw in some beer recipes as well. Just for those of you who are adventuresome.
OK. So to recap... Pictures of food, snarky commentsl, I'm back and I'm going to try to get more posts again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment