Search This Blog

Monday, June 7, 2010

BBQ Pulled Pork Quesadillias

So I was out late one night playing a show and they didn't even feed us. Can you believe it? Well regardless I was pretty starving at 2 a.m. so I wanted to make something that was quick and easy.
Not to mention gooey and delicious. Soooo

You will need
  • Flour tortillas (I like Mission brand)
  • Cheese (I used Cheddar, Monterrey, and Jack)
  • 1 sweet yellow onion
  • 2 Hot peppers (I used a jalapeno and a Serrano)
  • 1 bunch Green onions
  • Some leftover pulled pork
  • BBQ sauce
  • Sour Cream
OK so the hardest thing to get there is the leftover pulled pork. You can substitute cooked shredded chicken or you can try the frozen stuff they have in the store. I've never tried it so I can't vouch for it.

So give all your veggies a nice small chop and remember to wash your hands after you handle the peppers. We don't want you rubbing your eyes with all that spicy stuff on there.

Grate up your cheese next. We'll get everything prepped up first `cause these things cook in no time.


So after that throw the pork in a plastic bag (or leave it there if that where it is) and add your bbq sauce. I used a vinegar lemonade based Tennessee sauce that worked out great.

So now you get out your well whatever pan you like to make quesadillias in and heat it up with a super thin layer of oil in the pan. Medium heat will work for these.

Put in your tortillia and layer it with cheese, then veggies, then the pork, then more cheese and top it off with tortillia number 2.

The other way to do this is to just put stuff on half of the quesadillia and then fold it over.

So flip it once it gets golden brown. I'm not going to tell you a time so don't leave it alone. It took me a while not to mention some ruined pans and smokey kitchens to learn not to cook these on high heat.

Looking good...

Lets have us a little bite eh?

Cut in half 4 times to get 8 pieces like a pizza.

Serve with salsa and sour cream if you have any around. Don't worry about it if you don't.
Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment